FAQ - Comprehensive Coverage

Comprehensive insurance covers physical damage to your car other than collision.

It will pay to replace or fix your car if it is stolen or if it is damaged by causes other than collision, such as fire, vandalism or hail. Comprehensive coverage payment is limited to your car’s actual cash value, minus your deductible. Actual cash value is the retail price of a car like yours before it was damaged. Some insurance companies may also pay for additional costs incurred in getting substitute transportation, like rental car. Anything stolen from inside your car may be covered by your homeowner’s or rental insurance. Talk to your insurance agent to make sure you have adequate coverage for your needs.